Installation Instructions for Seat
- Remove existing quick-release.
- Remove combination nut, washer and seat post casing from threaded end of the Rod (A).
- Insert Rod through seat tube collar.
- Install seat post Casing (C) first so that the slot is against seat tube with the slot facing forward.
- Install thick washer (E) on the threaded end of the Rod so the convex face mates into the concave face of the Seat Post Casing.
- Install the washer on the threaded end of the Rod, to ensure the the grooves of the washer will be tightened against the combination nut.
- Install Combination nut on threaded end of the rod. Tighted the combination nut until snug or "finger-tight" using the Key, in the extended position.
- Use the Key, TO TIGHTEN THE COMBINATION NUT TIGHTLY. The Combination Nut should be tightened at least 1/2 turn (180 degrees). To avoid over-tightening, at no time shall the combination nut be tightened more that one and onw half (1 1/2) turns (540 degrees) from the point where the combination nut has been installed and tightened to "finger-tight".
- It is RECOMMENDED that a professional bicycle dealer trim off excess Rod length. It is recommended that the Rod should not protrude more than 3mm past combination nut when installed. If proturding, install the black rubber end protectors. (F)
Always check your combination nuts before each ride to ensure they are tight and properly installed to prevent your wheels or seat post from moving. Failure to do so will result in serius bodily Harm or Injury